Nagaland is among the six ‘Election Expenditure Sensitive’ states, as per the data of the previous elections.
“Nagaland along with Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Punjab and Arunachal Pradesh has been categorized as Election Expenditure-Sensitive state”, Deputy Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi told reporters here last evening.
Considering the categorisation, the Commission will deploy Expenditure Monitoring Team from the day of filing of nominations till the polling is over, he said.
Flying squads, video surveillance team as well as parallel election expenditure accounts would be put in place throughout the state so that the elections are held without the use of money or muscle power, he said.
Expressing satisfaction over the preparedness of Nagaland for the ensuing Lok Sabha polls, he said all political parties had requested Election Commission to ensure that the voters received their EPIC.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Nagaland is the last state to have started distribution of EPIC, but Nagaland and Assam will be the first states in the country to use plastic EPIC, he said.