- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Nagaland among six poll expenditure sensitive states: EC
Nagaland is among the six ‘Election Expenditure Sensitive’ states, as per the data of the previous elections.
“Nagaland along with Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Punjab and Arunachal Pradesh has been categorized as Election Expenditure-Sensitive state”, Deputy Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi told reporters here last evening.
Considering the categorisation, the Commission will deploy Expenditure Monitoring Team from the day of filing of nominations till the polling is over, he said.
Flying squads, video surveillance team as well as parallel election expenditure accounts would be put in place throughout the state so that the elections are held without the use of money or muscle power, he said.
Expressing satisfaction over the preparedness of Nagaland for the ensuing Lok Sabha polls, he said all political parties had requested Election Commission to ensure that the voters received their EPIC.
Nagaland is the last state to have started distribution of EPIC, but Nagaland and Assam will be the first states in the country to use plastic EPIC, he said.