After stoking a fresh controversy over her educational qualifications, HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Monday said her statement regarding her participation at Yale university’s leadership program has been “misconstrued”.
Unfortunate that statement re my participation in a leadership program & certificate thereafter was misconstrued.
— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) August 11, 2014
The HRD Minister had triggered a fresh controversy with her assertion that she also has a “degree” from the prestigious Yale University in the US.
“In that kitty of mine where people call me ‘anpad‘ (illiterate) I do have a degree from Yale University as well which I can bring out and show how Yale celebrated my leadership capacities,” she said at the India Today Woman Summit here last Saturday.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
In a clarification last night, an official spokesperson of the Human Resources Development (HRD) Ministry said that Irani got a “certificate” for her participation in a Yale University program.
After she became a minister in May, Irani was at the centre of a controversy over her educational qualifications after it emerged that she had made contradictory declarations when she contested the Lok Sabha elections in 2004 and 2014.