Hiraba Modi, the proud mother of Narendra Modi Friday expressed confidence that her son will lead the country towards development as the next Prime Minister.
Helped by two assistants, Hiraba offered prayers to the Sun God as news of her son romping home with an impressive victory came in.
“He has my blessings and he will lead the country towards development,” she said when asked to comment on the counting trends.
While BJP-led NDA looks set for clear majority, Modi was leading in both Varanasi and Vadodara constituencies. He was ahead of his nearest rival Arvind Kejriwal of AAP by about 7,300 votes in Varanasi at 10.18 AM.
In Vadodara, he was ahead of Congress’ Madhusudan Mistri by nearly 3.60 lakh votes.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
BJP President Rajnath Singh spoke to Modi and congratulated him.
Commenting on the available trends, RSS General Secretary Ram Madhav said, “By voting for BJP, people have approved the popularity of Narendra Modi. Public wanted to take the country out of misgovernance.”
As per trends available for 444 seats at 10:30 AM on Election Commission website, BJP was leading on 225 seats.