The BJP Sunday filed a complaint before the Election Commission against Sri Rama Sena chief Pramod Muttalik for allegedly making personal attacks against the BJP’s Bangalore South candidate H N Ananth Kumar.
At a press conference, Muttalik referred to a book by a Delhi lawyer and alleged a connection between Ananth Kumar and former corporate lobbyist Nira Radia that resulted in Kumar’s wife seeking the intervention of then prime minister A B Vajpayee. The BJP in its complaint accused Muttalik, who is an independent candidate from Bangalore South, of indulging in false propaganda and personal attacks against Ananth Kumar.
“He addressed the press at the instance of political opponents in continuation of his malicious campaign in addition to releasing a book in pursuance to his mala fide actions. The false propaganda has been telecast by the electronic media in violation of the code of conduct,’’ the BJP stated while seeking a restraining order against the malicious propaganda by Muttalik.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Mutalik, who was inducted into the BJP for a few hours on March 23, before being rejected for his link to an attack on women at a pub in Mangalore in 2009 in the name of Hindutva, is contesting two seats as an independent. Muttalik has fielded himself against Ananth Kumar and state BJP president Prahlad Joshi in an attempt to exact revenge for being dumped.