The BJP Sunday filed a complaint before the Election Commission against Sri Rama Sena chief Pramod Muttalik for allegedly making personal attacks against the BJP’s Bangalore South candidate H N Ananth Kumar.
At a press conference, Muttalik referred to a book by a Delhi lawyer and alleged a connection between Ananth Kumar and former corporate lobbyist Nira Radia that resulted in Kumar’s wife seeking the intervention of then prime minister A B Vajpayee. The BJP in its complaint accused Muttalik, who is an independent candidate from Bangalore South, of indulging in false propaganda and personal attacks against Ananth Kumar.
“He addressed the press at the instance of political opponents in continuation of his malicious campaign in addition to releasing a book in pursuance to his mala fide actions. The false propaganda has been telecast by the electronic media in violation of the code of conduct,’’ the BJP stated while seeking a restraining order against the malicious propaganda by Muttalik.
Mutalik, who was inducted into the BJP for a few hours on March 23, before being rejected for his link to an attack on women at a pub in Mangalore in 2009 in the name of Hindutva, is contesting two seats as an independent. Muttalik has fielded himself against Ananth Kumar and state BJP president Prahlad Joshi in an attempt to exact revenge for being dumped.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest