- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Muslim body slams Salim Khan, Salman Khan for praising Narendra Modi
The Forum for Muslim Studies and Analysis has slammed Bollywood actor Salman Khan and his father and film writer Salim Khan for praising Narendra Modi for “pure commercial gains”.
FMSA, a body of Aligarh Muslim University, mostly comprising muslim intellecuals, passed a resolution here on Friday.
Reacting sharply to Salim Khan’s launching the official Urdu website of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, recently, FMSA criticized Khans for practising “worse type of political opportunism for sake of pure commercial gain”.
“Individuals like Salim Khan, supported by the media, were going overboard in praising the so-called Gujarat model of
economic growth without verifying the ground realities,” FMSA secretary Jasim Mohammad said in the resolution.
It was further stated in the resolution that Salman Khan had participated in annual Saifai Mahotsava organised by UP government in Etawah in January, when children and victims of Muzaffarnagar riots were allegedly dying from cold in relief
camps and have now joined the Modi bandwagon to “appease forces, which face charges of genocide in Gujarat”.
It was also mentioned that core issue was not about supporting or opposing any political party but “taking a moral stand when the very basic principles on which the constitution was founded are under threat”.