FMSA, a body of Aligarh Muslim University, mostly comprising muslim intellecuals, passed a resolution here on Friday.
Reacting sharply to Salim Khan’s launching the official Urdu website of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, recently, FMSA criticized Khans for practising “worse type of political opportunism for sake of pure commercial gain”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Individuals like Salim Khan, supported by the media, were going overboard in praising the so-called Gujarat model of
economic growth without verifying the ground realities,” FMSA secretary Jasim Mohammad said in the resolution.
It was further stated in the resolution that Salman Khan had participated in annual Saifai Mahotsava organised by UP government in Etawah in January, when children and victims of Muzaffarnagar riots were allegedly dying from cold in relief
camps and have now joined the Modi bandwagon to “appease forces, which face charges of genocide in Gujarat”.
It was also mentioned that core issue was not about supporting or opposing any political party but “taking a moral stand when the very basic principles on which the constitution was founded are under threat”.