In an apparent message to the BJP government, former HRD minister Murli Manohar Joshi said on Saturday that after getting power, “many among us” often forget the ideology of leaders like former RSS sarsanghchalak K S Sudarshan and Bhartiya Jansangh founder Deendayal Upadhyaya.
“I have often noticed that many among us praise ideologies of Sudarshan ji and thoughts of integral humanism imparted by Deendayal ji, but when we get power, when we practically get control of such institutions, we forget them,” Joshi said.
- Babri Masjid demolition case: LK Advani, Uma Bharti and Murli Manohar Joshi asked to appear before special CBI court on May 30
- Murli Manohar Joshi to inaugurate madrasa in Kanpur
- No Narendra Modi wave in the country: Murli Manohar Joshi
- Will accept party's decision on Varanasi seat, says Murli Manohar Joshi
- Murli Manohar Joshi meets Bhagwat
- BJP should abandon neither Hindutva nor RSS: Joshi
Speaking after the release of the book, Sudarshan-Smriti, on former RSS chief Sudarshan, Joshi said the world needs to be told that the words of such leaders are true, and not what is said by “the IMF or the World Bank”.
Joshi also criticised the trials of Genetically Modified crops.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, who was also present at the event, said Sudarshan was a saint and like a “mother” to her. Addressing Joshi, she said, “I fully agree with some of the things you have said.”