Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Wednesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi amid speculation that he could be accommodated in the union cabinet.
Sources said the meeting between the two leaders at the Prime Minister’s Office lasted for about 45 minutes.
The meeting comes amidst media speculation that there could be an expansion of the cabinet soon and key ministries like Defence, which have been given as additional charge to Ministers, could have full-time incumbents.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Joshi’s name has also figured as a possible candidate for Defence Ministry which Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is currently having as additional charge.
Despite being a senior BJP leader, Joshi, who draws support from RSS, BJP’s ideological fountainhead, has not found a place in Modi’s cabinet.
Joshi’s meeting with Modi today came shortly after BJP President Rajnath Singh’s meeting with top RSS leaders today morning, after which he met Modi.
Sources said Joshi has offered to work under Modi in the government, the former’s role in the government is being worked out, party insiders say, adding he may also be considered for an advisory role.
Soon after the party’s landslide electoral victory, Modi had visited Joshi’s residence and spent over an hour with the party veteran.