Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Wednesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi amid speculation that he could be accommodated in the union cabinet.
Sources said the meeting between the two leaders at the Prime Minister’s Office lasted for about 45 minutes.
The meeting comes amidst media speculation that there could be an expansion of the cabinet soon and key ministries like Defence, which have been given as additional charge to Ministers, could have full-time incumbents.
Joshi’s name has also figured as a possible candidate for Defence Ministry which Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is currently having as additional charge.
Despite being a senior BJP leader, Joshi, who draws support from RSS, BJP’s ideological fountainhead, has not found a place in Modi’s cabinet.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Joshi’s meeting with Modi today came shortly after BJP President Rajnath Singh’s meeting with top RSS leaders today morning, after which he met Modi.
Sources said Joshi has offered to work under Modi in the government, the former’s role in the government is being worked out, party insiders say, adding he may also be considered for an advisory role.
Soon after the party’s landslide electoral victory, Modi had visited Joshi’s residence and spent over an hour with the party veteran.