In an embarrassment for Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, a fugitive murder accused presided over his election rally and was arrested later, the police said on Saturday.
Javed Khan, former councillor of Gaya Municipality, against whom an arrest warrant issued by a Gaya court was pending since December, presided over the election meeting of Kumar on Friday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The warrant was issued in connection with the murder of a property dealer Naushad Khan in April last year. After the rally, when a hue and cry was raised about a fugitive sharing dais with the CM, the police came into action and arrested him later in the evening.
Khan, whom the Chief Minister also addressed during his speech, was produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate K K Singh who sent him to 14 days judicial custody. The incident provided the opposition an opportunity to target the ruling party.
Senior BJP leader and party candidate from Nawada Giriraj Singh said it raises a question mark on the law and order situation in the state. Senior minister Vijay Chaudhary, however, defended the government saying the moment the incident came to light he was arrested and sen to jail which shows the government’s commitment to deal promptly with lawbreakers.