Maharashtra BJP on Thursday inducted Pankaja Munde, daughter of late Gopinath Munde, into the core committee of the state party unit.
Making the announcement after a committee meeting here, state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis said Pankaja, MLA from Parli Assembly
constituency, would be given an ‘important responsibility.’
“It was decided in the core committee meeting to take Pankajatai Munde in the panel in place of Gopinath Munde,” Fadnavis said.
State BJP sources said the party would suggest the Central leadership to give Pankaja a major responsibility. Munde, Union Rural Development Minister, had died in a road accident in Delhi on June 3.
Sixtyfour-year-old Munde, a popular backward class leader, was on his way to Delhi airport when his car was hit by another vehicle.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Meanwhile, reacting to remarks by some leaders of ally Shiv Sena about Uddhav Thackeray being projected as the chief ministerial candidate, Fadnavis said no such proposal has come to BJP yet.
“We take into account what Uddhav Thackeray says. We will respond only to what he says,” Fadanvis said.