SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday took a dig at Narendra Modi over his remarks that BJP will turn Uttar Pradesh into a Gujarat, reminding the BJP’s prime ministerial nominee that “atrocities and massacres” were carried out in the state ruled by him.
“A rally is on in Gorakhpur where the chief guest is the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate. They say, they’ll create a Gujarat (here). But please think again, you will not be in a position to do a Gujarat. You’ll do a Gujarat, commit atrocities and massacres. Because this is what you have done there,” he said addressing a rally.
Comparing the performance of the Gujarat government with that of UP, headed by his son Akhilesh, Yadav asked the assembled crowd to find out whether the Gujarat government had given unemployment allowances, waived loans of farmers or given special facilities to women.
“They have not done any of these….You know BJP doesn’t have any other work but to spread rumours,” he said. Attacking Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, the former UP Chief Minister said scams and high inflation have severely hit the economy.
“Now who is responsible for the situation even after such a long time since the country gained independence. In Delhi, barring some time, it is Congress that has been ruling and it still in power. “What have they done in these five years? What has happened apart from scams? There have been scams, atrocities, inflation and corruption. Inflation and scams have brought the country to a standstill,” Yadav said. The SP supremo said he has been a witness of several discussions on scams and inflation in Lok Sabha but it has not given any result.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“So many discussion were held on scams. And in every session there was a discussion on inflation. But they could not control inflation. It is because of inflation that thousands lost their lives and with regret I say, this happened even in UP,” he said.