Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday claimed that third front would form the government at the Centre, with SP as its largest component, and said he would stake claim for the prime minister’s post.
Responding to a question whether he would stake claim for the prime minister’s post, he said that SP would emerge as the largest party in the third front government and he would stake his claim.
But, it would be decided by all partners of the front, he said.
The SP supremo said that at the initial stage leaders of like-minded political parties had held discussions and after long deliberations it was decided that the leader of the third front would be decided after the elections.
Mulayam said BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is no threat to SP and he is only a media creation, and added that BJP would not be in a position to form the government.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Earlier, at an election rally, he said poor Muslims would get reservation like the backward community and loan of weavers would be waived like that of farmers.
He said that free higher education would be ensured to all irrespective of caste, class or religion. The SP leader promised that free healthcare would be provided by the state government to all needy people, especially patients suffering from serious ailments.
Mulayam said that soon big industrial houses would set up big industry in Mainpuri to improve economic conditions of the district and ensure employment.
Attacking Congress, the SP supremo said it was a “dead force” and widespread corruption and high prices of essential commodities would show it its proper place.
At another rally in Etawah, Mulayam claimed Modi would never become the prime minister “as several top BJP leaders were not in his favour”.
The SP leader claimed that several BJP leaders have contacted him to say that only he could prevent Modi from becoming the PM.
“I want to assure those BJP leaders that we will prevent Modi from being the PM,” he said.
He also said BJP was not going to get majority in the Lok Sabha elections and there was no wave in favour of the party.
The SP supremo claimed that after Gujarat riots, the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee wanted to remove Modi, but L K Advani saved him.