“There is a dispute going on in Mulayam’s family. He is contesting from here (Azamgarh) to please his second wife and pave way for their son Prateek Yadav,” she told an election rally in Azamgarh.
On Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav referring to her as his ‘bua’ (aunt) at a recent public meeting in Uttar Pradesh, Mayawati said it would be an “insult” even to consider him (Akhilesh) as her younger brother.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
“Akhilesh used to insult dalit icons. He terms construction of memorials in their names as wastage of money despite the fact it generates income for the state,” she said.
Taking potshots at Mulayam and Akhilesh, Mayawati said “they should understand that it was due to B R Ambedkar they are here, otherwise they will be grazing cows and buffaloes in fields.”
Asking Yadav community to wake up, Mayawati said they should come out of Mulayam’s “mental slavery”.
Alleging the SP and tbe BJP had tacit understanding, Mayawati said Modi was contesting from Varanasi and Mulayam from Azamgarh due to their pact.
Had Mulayam wanted to prevent Modi from winning, he should have contested from Varanasi, Mayawati said. Mayawati alleged Mulayam would leave Azamgarh after elections.
“While Modi will leave Varanasi and retain Vadodra, Mulayam will retain Mainpuri,” she said.