Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was Friday let off with a warning by the Election Commission for threatening school teachers appointed on contract by the UP government either to vote for his party or risk losing regularised job status. The decision came after Yadav assured the EC he will not make any reference to shiksha mitras (ad hoc teachers) during the poll campaign.
Asking him “to be careful in future”, the EC told Yadav that it expects him not to make any statement during election campaigning which may constitute a violation of the the mode code of conduct.
“Shiksha mitron ka jahan tak sawal hai… shiksha mitron ko dekh liya hai… aashirwad diya hai… arey kar toh diya hai… toh vote dijiye, nahin vote denge toh hum withdraw kar lenge (As far as shiksha mitras are concerned, we have regularised them… we have done it, now give your vote. If you do not vote, we’ll withdraw it),” Yadav said during a public meeting at Shikarpur bypass in Bulandshahr on April 3.
In his reply to the EC on April 19, Yadav stated that the “decision to regularise shiksha mitras was taken by the UP government before the election was announced and he, being the president of the party in power, has no power to amend or modify the decision” and “that he did not say that the said decision be withdrawn if the shiksha mitras do not support”.
After considering his reply and analysing the video recording of his speech, the EC said that it was “convinced that he has made the impugned statement” and violated the code of conduct.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched