Aftershocks of the Samajwadi Party’s Lok Sabha poll debacle in Uttar Pradesh continued on Thursday, with party president Mulayam Singh Yadav dissolving the state executive committee, and 15 frontal organisations of the party, signalling a revamp.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, however, will continue to be the state president of the party. UP spokesperson of the SP, Rajendra Choudhary confirmed that the committee has been dissolved.
Mulayam’s decision was on expected lines. Several state office bearers had offered to resign following the party’s rout. “It was our moral duty to resign. I had already offered to resign,” C P Rai, state general secretary of the party said.
Mulayam had appointed nearly 30 SP leaders state secretaries of the party. It is believed none of these leaders will be reinducted.
SP had a 100-member state executive and 15 frontal organisations including Lohia Vahini, Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade, Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha, Samajwadi Chhatra Sabha, Minority Cell, Intellectual Cell, Women’s Wing, Traders’ Wing, Labour Cell, Cultural Cell and Lawyers’ Cell. Among them, four youth organisations were under Akhilesh. All of them have been dissolved.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Two days ago, Akhilesh sacked 32 SP leaders who had minister of state status in various government bodies. SP sources said 18 more leaders are set to be sacked.
CPP meet tomorrow, no clarity on LoP
NEW DELHI: Days after the Congress Working Committee reaffirmed its faith in party chief Sonia Gandhi, the party has convened the meeting of its Parliamentary Party on Saturday. While Sonia is expected to be re-elected as chairperson of the Congress Parliamentary Party, there is still no clarity on who would become the Leader of the Opposition.
While Kamal Nath’s name has been doing the rounds, a section of the Congress is not in favour. Some leaders said a consensus is possible only on the name of either Sonia or Rahul Gandhi. The Congress Parliamentary Party will meet ahead of the swearing-in of the Narendra Modi government, but sources said the name of the Leader of the Opposition would be finalised only after the election of the Speaker.