Visiting Muzaffarnagar for the first time since the deadly communal riots seven months ago, ruling SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday reached out to Muslims and claimed Rs 115-crore assistance was given to victims unlike in Gujarat where “not a single rupee” was spent by Narendra Modi for 2002 riots affected.
Addressing a rally in the western UP district that will go to polls on April 10, he said that no party would gain majority in the elections.
The Third Front will form government and SP will emerge as the largest party, he said.
With SP government under attack for handling of communal riots that left over 60 people dead and thousands of others homeless, Mulayam claimed the administration had successfully controlled the violence in two days.
“SP government provided an assistance of Rs 115 crore to riot victims. Such a big amount was never distributed as relief to riot victims in the country.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Gujarat government led by Modi had not given a single rupee to the riot victims but UP government has distributed relief amount to riot victims without any discrimination,” the former UP chief minister said.
Referring to the Sachchar committee report, he said that Muslims are economically backward and the state government has planned various welfare schemes for them.
He claimed that Samajwadi party would win more than 50 per cent of the 80 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
SP leader said that Muslims and farmers have been ignored in the country and they need a helping hand to improve their condition.
He appealed to the people to vote for SP candidate Virender Singh.