Pointing out that the biggest challenge before Narendra Modi government in Delhi was to deal with the sensitive issue of Jammu and Kashmir, the Peoples Democratic Party patron and former Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Sunday said that the sensitive border state needed a holistic approach to help it overcome its problems.
Reiterating his party’s resolve to act as a facilitator to restore lasting peace in the sub continent, Mufti addressing an impressive rally in border Poonch town hoped that the new government at the Centre would follow the holistic path shown by former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee while dealing with the problems of Jammu and Kashmir. Peace is the only option to move ahead on the path of development and resolve all sensitive issues, he added.
While emphasizing on adopting a human approach to restoring lasting peace in the region, he regretted that residents of the state were facing hardships due to misgovernance of the present regime headed by National Conference.
“The governance deficit has not only increased in the last nearly six years, but it has also eroded credibility of democratic institutions which was a cause of greater worry,’’ he said.
The PDP patron emphasized on restoring people’s faith in governance and democracy as non-governance and trust deficit were the main cause of ever increasing alienation among people. The PDP, he said, was committed to bridge the gap between different regions, also between people of the state and rest of the country.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More