Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi had a surprise visitor Monday and received an unsolicited support. In a proactive move, YSRCP chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy along with his newly elected MPs met Modi at Gujarat Bhawan and extended issue-based support to the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre.
Sources said Jagan and Modi met separately for some time. His meeting with Modi came a day ahead of Modi’s ally Chandrababu Naidu’s meeting with him. For the record, Jagan said he asked for Modi’s support for rebuilding of Seemandhra. “We desperately need your help to rebuild the infrastructure from the scratch, at a time when the new state will find it difficult to meet both ends,” a memorandum handed over to Modi said.
But the meeting comes at a time when there is a considerable trepidation in the YSRCP camp about the possible moves of the Chandrababu Naidu government. Naidu had been threatening during his election campaign that Jagan would be in jail again if he comes to power and sources said Jagan would want a reassurance that Naidu, the BJP’s ally in Andhra Pradesh, will not launch a witchhunt against him.
A post on the Facebook page of the TDP saying that Jagan is going back to jail in 45 days had created a stir in the political circles in state although Naidu had clarified that he does not hold any grudge against anybody and that the law will take its own course.
Jagan admitted the BJP does not need his support. “He has 283 MPs. He does not need any of us. But Andhra Pradesh needs him. We want the new PM to be proactive. We expect a great deal of help from him,” he said after the meeting. Jagan said his party was not averse to Modi or the BJP.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review