After Rajasthan, it’s the turn of Madhya Pradesh to show interest in including a chapter on Narendra Modi in school syllabus. Minister of State for School Education Deepak Joshi said a draft will be submitted to the state school textbook standing committee.
“It’s appropriate to include a chapter based on Modi’s life in school curriculum,’’ he told The Indian Express on Sunday.
Joshi, the son of former CM Kailash Joshi, said it would be up to the standing committee to accept the proposal. If accepted, he said, the chapter could be included from the next academic year. The draft would recommend including the chapter in Class III or VI.
The minister said he would take up the issue with Cabinet minister Paras Jain when they fly together to New Delhi to attend Modi’s swearing-in.
However, the Congress slammed the idea. “There’s nothing wrong in introducing chapters on the country’s PMs as long as they stick to facts. In Modi’s case, the proposed chapter should include the 2002 Gujarat riots, former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s advice to Modi to follow Rajdharma, his marriage and snoopgate,’’ said Congress’s chief spokesperson K K Mishra.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016