After Rajasthan, it’s the turn of Madhya Pradesh to show interest in including a chapter on Narendra Modi in school syllabus. Minister of State for School Education Deepak Joshi said a draft will be submitted to the state school textbook standing committee.
“It’s appropriate to include a chapter based on Modi’s life in school curriculum,’’ he told The Indian Express on Sunday.
Joshi, the son of former CM Kailash Joshi, said it would be up to the standing committee to accept the proposal. If accepted, he said, the chapter could be included from the next academic year. The draft would recommend including the chapter in Class III or VI.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The minister said he would take up the issue with Cabinet minister Paras Jain when they fly together to New Delhi to attend Modi’s swearing-in.
However, the Congress slammed the idea. “There’s nothing wrong in introducing chapters on the country’s PMs as long as they stick to facts. In Modi’s case, the proposed chapter should include the 2002 Gujarat riots, former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s advice to Modi to follow Rajdharma, his marriage and snoopgate,’’ said Congress’s chief spokesperson K K Mishra.