Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Satyadev Katare on Tuesday said the Congress state unit has requested party high command to nominate senior leader Digvijay Singh for Lok Sabha polls from Vidisha seat.
“Both I and Madhya Pradesh Congress president Arun Yadav agree that Singh must contest from Vidisha and we have sent a proposal about this to the party high command,” Katare said.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj is the sitting MP from Vidisha seat.
Katare said the Congress can benefit to a great extent if Singh is made the party’s choice from Vidisha. Digvijay should agree to contest from Vidisha the same way veteran BJP leader Vijayaraje Scindia had contested against former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi from Rae Bareli in 1980, and Sushma Swaraj had fought against Congress president Sonia Gandhi from Bellary in 2004, he said.
If Digvijay Singh is announced as the Congress candidate from Vidisha, both Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Swaraj would be concentrating there rather than at other state constituencies, he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Before becoming a member of the Rajya Sabha, Singh had last year expressed his desire to contest the Lok Sabha election from Vidisha.
Swaraj had won the 2009 Lok Sabha election from Vidisha by a massive margin of over 4,00,000 votes.