K Sankaramma, mother of K Srikant Chary, a 24-year-old student who immolated himself during the protests for separate statehood for Telangana and died on December 4, 2009, is among 69 nominees in the first list of candidates released by the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) for the Assembly constituencies, Friday.
Sankaramma will contest from Huzurnagar constituency in Nalgonda district. Her son’s death had added momentum to the Telangana agitation. TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao will contest from Gajwel in Medak district. There are 119 Assembly constituencies in Telangana and elections will be held on April 30.
Putting to rest speculation that nominees for the remaining 50 seats have been withheld in case the need for an alliance arises, KCR reiterated that the party would contest alone. “We have ruled out an alliance and we will stick to it. Nominees for the remaining seats would be announced shortly,” he said.
KCR’s son K T Rama Rao and nephew T Harish Rao have been renominated from Sircilla and Siddipet respectively. KCR is contesting the Assembly elections after a gap of 10 years. In 2004, he contested and won from Siddipet Assembly and also from the Karimnagar Lok Sabha constituency. He vacated the Assembly seat for his nephew, T Harish Rao.
In 2009, KCR won the Mahbubnagar Lok Sabha seat.The nomination of former YSR Congress Party member Konda Surekha from Warangal (East) is likely to cause consternation among other TRS aspirants.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016