K Sankaramma, mother of K Srikant Chary, a 24-year-old student who immolated himself during the protests for separate statehood for Telangana and died on December 4, 2009, is among 69 nominees in the first list of candidates released by the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) for the Assembly constituencies, Friday.
Sankaramma will contest from Huzurnagar constituency in Nalgonda district. Her son’s death had added momentum to the Telangana agitation. TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao will contest from Gajwel in Medak district. There are 119 Assembly constituencies in Telangana and elections will be held on April 30.
Putting to rest speculation that nominees for the remaining 50 seats have been withheld in case the need for an alliance arises, KCR reiterated that the party would contest alone. “We have ruled out an alliance and we will stick to it. Nominees for the remaining seats would be announced shortly,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
KCR’s son K T Rama Rao and nephew T Harish Rao have been renominated from Sircilla and Siddipet respectively. KCR is contesting the Assembly elections after a gap of 10 years. In 2004, he contested and won from Siddipet Assembly and also from the Karimnagar Lok Sabha constituency. He vacated the Assembly seat for his nephew, T Harish Rao.
In 2009, KCR won the Mahbubnagar Lok Sabha seat.The nomination of former YSR Congress Party member Konda Surekha from Warangal (East) is likely to cause consternation among other TRS aspirants.