Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday hit out at BJP saying there is more democracy in “family-run” parties like his National Conference than in “parties with a difference”.
“I dare say there is more democracy in so-called ‘family run’ parties like JKNC than in ‘parties with a difference’,” Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.
Omar was apparently referring to discord within BJP over denial of ticket to veteran leader Jaswant Singh for Lok Sabha polls and some other controversies surrounding the opposition party at the Centre.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Earlier there was Advani-Vajpayee duo, possibly even with (Murli Manohar) Joshi but now it’s just the NaMo (Narendra Modi) monopoly,” he said.
Omar also dismissed suggestions that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was not able to work with the old guard saying it is Modi who is culling the senior leadership of BJP.
“For all the chatter that RG (Rahul Gandhi) can’t work with the old guard of the Congress, it’s actually NaMo who has culled the senior leadership of the BJP,” he said.