Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday hit out at BJP saying there is more democracy in “family-run” parties like his National Conference than in “parties with a difference”.
“I dare say there is more democracy in so-called ‘family run’ parties like JKNC than in ‘parties with a difference’,” Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.
Omar was apparently referring to discord within BJP over denial of ticket to veteran leader Jaswant Singh for Lok Sabha polls and some other controversies surrounding the opposition party at the Centre.
“Earlier there was Advani-Vajpayee duo, possibly even with (Murli Manohar) Joshi but now it’s just the NaMo (Narendra Modi) monopoly,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Omar also dismissed suggestions that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi was not able to work with the old guard saying it is Modi who is culling the senior leadership of BJP.
“For all the chatter that RG (Rahul Gandhi) can’t work with the old guard of the Congress, it’s actually NaMo who has culled the senior leadership of the BJP,” he said.