Questioning the sacking of Mizoram Governor Kamla Beniwal, former Union Minister M Veerappa Moily on Thursday asked what impropriety had she committed in the northeastern state to warrant a dismissal without a notice.
“The question is what has she done in Mizoram? Is there any impropriety committed which warrants dismissal without any notice?” asked Moily while speaking to reporters outside the Parliament House here.
Hitting out at the NDA dispensation, the senior Congress leader said Beniwal’s sacking had demonstrated the mindset of the government which has been “recklessly appointing and dismissing people”.
“This demonstrates the mindset of the present government of NDA… They dismissed two Governors without even showing the courtesy of asking their resignations,” he said.
Beniwal, who as the Governor of Gujarat had a running battle with Narendra Modi when he was the state’s Chief Minister, was sacked last night from the post in Mizoram just two months before her tenure comes to an end.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Beniwal is the second Governor to be sacked after the removal of Puducherry Lt Governor Virendra Kataria.
Soon after the Modi Government assumed office, some Governors were forced to resign while a few a resisted and are still in office.