Questioning the sacking of Mizoram Governor Kamla Beniwal, former Union Minister M Veerappa Moily on Thursday asked what impropriety had she committed in the northeastern state to warrant a dismissal without a notice.
“The question is what has she done in Mizoram? Is there any impropriety committed which warrants dismissal without any notice?” asked Moily while speaking to reporters outside the Parliament House here.
Hitting out at the NDA dispensation, the senior Congress leader said Beniwal’s sacking had demonstrated the mindset of the government which has been “recklessly appointing and dismissing people”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This demonstrates the mindset of the present government of NDA… They dismissed two Governors without even showing the courtesy of asking their resignations,” he said.
Beniwal, who as the Governor of Gujarat had a running battle with Narendra Modi when he was the state’s Chief Minister, was sacked last night from the post in Mizoram just two months before her tenure comes to an end.
Beniwal is the second Governor to be sacked after the removal of Puducherry Lt Governor Virendra Kataria.
Soon after the Modi Government assumed office, some Governors were forced to resign while a few a resisted and are still in office.