- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Mohd Kaif owns assets worth over Rs 10 crore
Cricketer Mohd Kaif, who is making his electoral debut from Phulpur Lok Sabha seat as the Congress candidate, owns assets worth over Rs 10 crore.
In an affidavit submitted to the Election Commission while filing his nomination, Kaif, the only player from the city to have played for the national cricket team, has declared movable assets worth Rs 10.4 crore in his own name.
His wife Pooja Yadav owns movable property worth Rs 99.7 lakh, the affidavit said.
The former captain of the Uttar Pradesh Ranji team owns four cars, the costliest being an Audi purchased in 2010 for Rs 35.68 lakh.
Kaif, who has also played for Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League, purchased a piece of agricultural land in the neighboring district of Kaushambi in 2005 for Rs 6.48 lakh, the current value of which is stated to be Rs 20 lakh.
He also owns two houses — one each in posh Civil Lines locality in Allahabad and Sector 31 in Noida — besides a flat in Gurgaon.
The total current value of these is stated to be Rs 7.03 crore, according to the affidavit.