Launching an attack on the economic policies of the UPA government, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday said the main reason behind the “despair” prevailing in the country was that nobody takes responsibility.
The Gujarat Chief Minister said India has become a country of “under-achievers” due to lack of planning and there was a need to come out of the situation by building an atmosphere of trust.
“If we had planned well we would have reached great heights. Today, India has become a country of under-achievers. There is no dearth of opportunity for growth of industry in the country. There is a need to come out of this despair. An atmosphere of confidence and trust is very important in India now,” he said addressing a FICCI meet.
Taking on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he said, “Our Prime Minister likes to speak about ‘inclusive growth’. Until we build capacity among poor through education, how can it happen?
Stressing on the need for a holistic approach, the Gujarat Chief Minister said, “If we keep on exporting minerals, the country will not generate employment or development. With every resource, a holistic approach is very necessary.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Blaming the existing regime for the ill-health of the economy, Modi said, “When we talk about growth, infrastructure comes in and that is dependent on the energy sector. Industries are shut because of shortage of fuel. Someone has to take responsibility. The reason for disappointment is that nobody accepts responsibility in this country.”