Welcoming the announcement of the poll schedule for 2014 general elections, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi today urged people to make the “right choice” and vote for BJP to usher in prosperity.
After the Election Commission (EC) announced the polling datesthis morning, Modi, in a series of tweets appealed voters to give BJP-led NDA a majority.
“I call upon the people of India to bless us, give BJP-led NDA a majority and make Mission 272+ a grand reality for the prosperity of India”, the Gujarat Chief Minister tweeted.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Describing the general election as the biggest festival of democracy, Modi requested the citizens to vote for India.
“2014 polls are a historic opportunity to lay foundation of a developed India. I urge you all to vote for India & make the right choice,” tweeted Modi.
Modi also gave his best wishes to EC in conducting the Lok sabha polls and welcomed 10 crore new voters.
“My special welcome to 10 crore new voters! You have an important role to play in strengthening and continuing democratic tradition of India,” said his another tweet.
Praising the Election Commision, he tweeted, “Thankful to EC for giving all the eligible voters one last chance on March 9 to ensure they are registered. This opportunity must be used.”