India has spoken: the Bharatiya Janata Party got a clear mandate from the Indian electorate winning 282 seats. The man who powered the saffron party to victory has also created the most election buzz on social media.
Narendra Modi was mentioned 750,000 times on Twitter on counting day. And he added over 1 lakh followers in a single day. He also accomplished the feat of posting the most retweeted tweet ever in India.
India has won! भारत की विजय। अच्छे दिन आने वाले हैं।
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 16, 2014
Twitter India’s Rishi Jaitly, said “this is truly the first Twitter Election in India, with all major political parties and candidates actively campaigning & connecting with voters on Twitter.
“Similarly to the Obama campaign, everyone knew that this Lok Sabha election would also be influenced by social media, particularly with over 150 million first-time voters between the age of 18-23 years old who are social media savvy with mobile-centric lifestyles.”
@NarendraModi added the highest number of followers in a single day — 104861. He started the day at 3986878 followers and ended it at 4091739. It is now over 4.11 Million followers and growing.
In fact, @NarendraModi has had a very clear lead over his rivals since the beginning of the year itself. Here’s a snapshot of the @NarendraModi’s year on Twitter, geolocated across geographies.