India has spoken: the Bharatiya Janata Party got a clear mandate from the Indian electorate winning 282 seats. The man who powered the saffron party to victory has also created the most election buzz on social media.
Narendra Modi was mentioned 750,000 times on Twitter on counting day. And he added over 1 lakh followers in a single day. He also accomplished the feat of posting the most retweeted tweet ever in India.
India has won! भारत की विजय। अच्छे दिन आने वाले हैं।
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 16, 2014
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Twitter India’s Rishi Jaitly, said “this is truly the first Twitter Election in India, with all major political parties and candidates actively campaigning & connecting with voters on Twitter.
“Similarly to the Obama campaign, everyone knew that this Lok Sabha election would also be influenced by social media, particularly with over 150 million first-time voters between the age of 18-23 years old who are social media savvy with mobile-centric lifestyles.”
@NarendraModi added the highest number of followers in a single day — 104861. He started the day at 3986878 followers and ended it at 4091739. It is now over 4.11 Million followers and growing.
In fact, @NarendraModi has had a very clear lead over his rivals since the beginning of the year itself. Here’s a snapshot of the @NarendraModi’s year on Twitter, geolocated across geographies.