Even BJP legislature party leader and former deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi had not been expected his party to touch 30-seat mark that looks likely now. Lalu Prasad, who had been able to consolidate Muslim and Yadav votes, perhaps could not add votes of other sections. Nitish Kumar, who looked to have given up much before the results, knew it pretty well that he had lost the winning social combination after split with BJP.
Narendra Modi wave in Bihar meant that BJP got votes from a large part of EBCs and youths across caste lines and also got some chunk of Yadav voters, which was bonus for BJP. While all three leading parties claimed to have EBCs (30 per cent of Bihar population) votes, the trends and results indicate that EBCs might well have played the decisive role in clinching it for BJP. Young voters, who had been very vocal right from the start of poll campaign, would have been surely the second bigger factor for Bihar that also looks almost pan-Indian phenomenon.
The biggest challenge for Nitish Kumar is to save the state government.
There have already been hints of rumblings in the party with senior leaders like Narendra Singh not thinking on the same lines as Nitish Kumar. Sharad Yadav’s likely defeat in Madhepura might further disturb equations in the party.
BJP’s alliance partners LJP and RLSP also look to have contributed immensely to BJP’s defeat and in a way made up loss of alliance partner like JD (U).
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest