- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
Modi wave creation of corporate media :Tripura CM Manik Sarkar
Tripura Chief Minister and CPI-M politburo member Manik Sarkar on Monday said the ‘Modi wave’ was a creation of the corporate media and in reality there is no such wave in the country.
“In reality there is no wave like Modi wave in the country. It is actually the creation of the corporate media,” he told reporters.
Sarkar, who was speaking after casting his vote at a polling station here for Tripura West seat in the morning, said polling in the state was going on peacefully but there is a possibility that the turnout would be lesser than in assembly polls in the state.
Voter turnout in the state assembly elections held in February last year was a staggering 93 per cent, which was a record in the country.
Election office sources said 41 per cent polls were cast at Tripura West by mid-day