Tripura Chief Minister and CPI-M politburo member Manik Sarkar on Monday said the ‘Modi wave’ was a creation of the corporate media and in reality there is no such wave in the country.
“In reality there is no wave like Modi wave in the country. It is actually the creation of the corporate media,” he told reporters.
Sarkar, who was speaking after casting his vote at a polling station here for Tripura West seat in the morning, said polling in the state was going on peacefully but there is a possibility that the turnout would be lesser than in assembly polls in the state.
Voter turnout in the state assembly elections held in February last year was a staggering 93 per cent, which was a record in the country.
Election office sources said 41 per cent polls were cast at Tripura West by mid-day
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review