Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi launched a scathing attack on BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday, saying he “will do anything to become PM… divide into many pieces… make people fight against each other”.
Addressing a rally in Balod, Rahul said, “Modi PM banna chahta hai, uske liye wo kuch bhi kar dega. Wo tukde-tukde kar dega…wo ek ko dusre se ladaa dega (Modi wants to become PM, and will do anything for that. He will divide into many pieces… make people fight against each other).” Rahul also said the BJP wants to hand over all the power to one person, and has humiliated its senior leaders.
“In their party, one man knows everything about the world. According to them, one person will change India. Make me a peon and I will change India. But peons also commit theft. They want to hand over everything to one person… don’t ask what will happen later… They had several leaders: Advaniji, Jaswantji. Ask them chaukidari kaisi hui. They were all set aside,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Blaming the BJP for the Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar riots, he said BJP members beat up people in other states and make Hindus fight against Muslims.
Questioning the BJP’s claims of “empowering women”, Rahul said: “Gujarat Chief Minister taps phones of women, puts police before women. How do you empower women then? In Bangalore, women are being beaten up. A BJP minister has committed rape. Twenty thousand women from Chhattisgarh are missing.”
Highlighting the UPA government’s achievements, he said, “Our biggest project is a manufacturing corridor. Today, whatever you wear, watches etc, are ‘Made in China’. We want that in the coming years they carry the ‘Made in India’ (label). For this, we have set up a manufacturing corridor, from Delhi to Mumbai, Mumbai to Chennai, Chennai to Bangalore and Delhi to Kolkata.”
Rahul, however, was silent on the Maoist issue, although he was speaking in an area that falls under Kanker constituency which has a significant presence of Maoists.