HAVING helped bring together a motley crew of regional parties to face the general election in Tamil Nadu, the BJP is deploying its A listers led by prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to win over the electorate.
Reaching here on Sunday evening, Modi will drive straight to the residence of Tamil actor Rajinikanth, an icon who could influence the voting choice of a few thousands if not more. Later in the evening, Modi will address a public meeting in the south part of the city where senior party leader L Ganesan is contesting.
The is the third visit by Modi in the recent months, but the first after the NDA took shape in Tamil Nadu. According to BJP state in-charge, national general secretary P Muralidhar Rao, he will return to the state to address meetings in the west (Coimbatore and its surrounding areas).
Other star campaigners including veteran leader LK Advani, party president Rajnath Singh, senior leaders M Venkiah Naidu and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi are among those who are scheduled to tour Tamil Nadu to campaign. The 39 seats in Tamil Nadu will go for poll on April 24.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More