Sonia Gandhi and her son-in-law Robert Vadra found mention in BJP leader Narendra Modi’s election rallies in Ghaziabad (UP) and Gurgaon and Kurukshetra (Haryana) Thursday. In Ghaziabad, Modi raised concerns over Sonia meeting the shahi imam of Jama Masjid and, hours later in Gurgaon, he ostensibly referred to Vadra as a baazigar.
Also in Gurgaon, he said the BJP was targeting close to 300 seats to ensure a stable government. “The country is inching towards its 75th year of independence. What kind of country would you then like to present to those who gave their lives for this nation?”
About Vadra, he said the shehzada ought to look into his own family before talking of rooting out corruption in the country. “Is there any magician among you, any baazigar, who can make more than Rs 50 crore in three months after starting from scratch?” Modi asked the gathering, and continued, “Shehzade, look into your family where somebody has robbed farmers of their lands?”
Also at the rally was BJP candidate Rao Inderjit Singh, who quit the Congress last year after demanding a probe into Vadra’s land deals in Gurgaon.
In Kurukshetra, Modi asked Rahul if his brother-in-law would act a watchman for the “lands he has usurped during the UPA tenure”. “I had appealed to people to let me serve them as a watchman of this country. To this, he (Rahul Gandhi) responded that the country needs 125 crore watchmen. Is his brother-in-law …also among the 125 crore watchmen?”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
At Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, where he promoted former army chief Gen V K Singh, the BJP candidate, Modi called Sonia’s attempt to consolidate Muslim votes an act of desperation. “They were troubled as there is no smell of communalism in what Modi is saying….They don’t know how to deal with me. Sensing defeat, they have dropped the slogan of secularism… and (Congress leaders) started speaking of communalism,” Modi said.
“They talk of vote bank politics, we focus our debate on development; they believe in divide and rule, we talk of bringing people together; they say religion first, we say India first,” he said.