Sonia Gandhi and her son-in-law Robert Vadra found mention in BJP leader Narendra Modi’s election rallies in Ghaziabad (UP) and Gurgaon and Kurukshetra (Haryana) Thursday. In Ghaziabad, Modi raised concerns over Sonia meeting the shahi imam of Jama Masjid and, hours later in Gurgaon, he ostensibly referred to Vadra as a baazigar.
Also in Gurgaon, he said the BJP was targeting close to 300 seats to ensure a stable government. “The country is inching towards its 75th year of independence. What kind of country would you then like to present to those who gave their lives for this nation?”
About Vadra, he said the shehzada ought to look into his own family before talking of rooting out corruption in the country. “Is there any magician among you, any baazigar, who can make more than Rs 50 crore in three months after starting from scratch?” Modi asked the gathering, and continued, “Shehzade, look into your family where somebody has robbed farmers of their lands?”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Also at the rally was BJP candidate Rao Inderjit Singh, who quit the Congress last year after demanding a probe into Vadra’s land deals in Gurgaon.
In Kurukshetra, Modi asked Rahul if his brother-in-law would act a watchman for the “lands he has usurped during the UPA tenure”. “I had appealed to people to let me serve them as a watchman of this country. To this, he (Rahul Gandhi) responded that the country needs 125 crore watchmen. Is his brother-in-law …also among the 125 crore watchmen?”
At Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, where he promoted former army chief Gen V K Singh, the BJP candidate, Modi called Sonia’s attempt to consolidate Muslim votes an act of desperation. “They were troubled as there is no smell of communalism in what Modi is saying….They don’t know how to deal with me. Sensing defeat, they have dropped the slogan of secularism… and (Congress leaders) started speaking of communalism,” Modi said.
“They talk of vote bank politics, we focus our debate on development; they believe in divide and rule, we talk of bringing people together; they say religion first, we say India first,” he said.