Launching a blistering attack on Congress on corruption and accusing it of making false promises in its manifesto, Narendra Modi on Thursday reached out to tribals recalling that it was a BJP-led government that had created Jharkhand and set up a dedicated ministry for them.
Addresssing a rally in the mining state, the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate alleged that India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had “mocked” at the demand for creation of separate state of Jharkhand.
He also hit out at the UPA government over alleged corruption in giving clearances for power projects and revived his “Jayanthi tax” barb to target former Environment Minister Jayanthi Natarajan.
“Yesterday Congress party released its manifesto. For any political party, its manifesto should be like the Gita, the Quran and the Bible and not some document to throw dust in people’s eyes. Congress party made its manifesto a political tool and did not maintain its sactity,” Modi said.
Interacting with the crowd, he asked them whether they will trust the words of Congress or its “false promises” made in the manifesto.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“They had made promises even in 2004 and 2009. They had said that they will bring down prices and will provide job to one member of each family. Whether they gave you the jobs?” he asked.
Modi also chose the occasion to urge the Election Commission to frame some rule under which a party, which comes to power, should be asked after remaining in power about how many of the promises made in its manifesto were fulfilled. Addressing a pre-dominantly tribal gathering, Modi accused Congress of ignoring the welfare of tribals.
“These Congress people had no idea that our tribals brothers and sisters also live in the country. A number of Congress governments came to power in last sixty years. Nehru became Prime Minister. But they never thought about creating a ministry for the welfare of tribals,” he said.
He said that it was NDA’s Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who created a dedicated ministry for tribals and earmarked a separate budget for them.
“A number of Congress governments came but they did not give power in your hands….Vajpayeeji gave us Jharkhand, he gave the right to us to decide how should it progress…. Nehruji had mocked at the demand for Jharkhand.
“Now that Jharkhand is in place, Congress is adopting all kinds of tactics (hathkanda) to capture power. They stand behind some one at one time and some other at the other time,” the BJP leader said, alluding to the different allies Congress had chosen in the state in the last few years.
Currently, Congress is partnering an alliance government with JMM and RJD in the state. Earlier, it had tied up with Babulal Marandi’s JVM (P) and had also supported independent Madhu Koda’s government.