The Congress on Tuesday said the BJP’s “beginning of the end” had started with its PM candidate Narendra Modi’s “self-serving” image and said Modi had not offered even a “skeleton of an apology” over the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
“One dictator, autocrat, with a self-serving image (of the leader) has started the beginning of the end of BJP,” party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters, responding to a question.
Singhvi rejected the BJP’s charge that the government was not allowing Modi to address rallies, saying that it has given full freedom to everyone to go to every nook and corner and continue with “false propaganda”.
Talking about Gujarat riots he said, “Let him (Modi) make a statement reflecting even a skeleton of an apology, forget an apology.”
Using statistics from the UPA and NDA regime, Singhvi said, “Competition for good governance can be only between UPA-I and UPA-II and not between UPA and NDA. You cannot substitute facts by hurling abuses in rallies and making taunts”, he said, adding that while Congress has walked the talk, BJP is trying to fool the people with slogans. “Even the worst performance of the UPA is better than the best performance of the NDA,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016