Taking Narendra Modi head-on, Rahul Gandhi on Saturday accused Gujarat Government of offering Rs 40,000 crore worth of farmland at throw away prices to an industrialist while seeking higher rates from the Air Force.
Addressing a rally after his maiden road show in Varanasi, where Modi is contesting, the Congress Vice President referred to the snoopgate, saying the BJP leader was speaking of empowering women but should first start giving respect to them.
Also targeting UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who was holding a roadshow in the constituency, Rahul raked by the issue of Muzaffarnagar riots and said Samjawadi Party government had failed to protect the minorities.
He alleged that Modi had insulted the people by saying that the country has not achieved anything in the last 60 years.
“Modi had provided 45,000 acres of agriculture lands at the rate of Rs 1 per sqm, while he demanded thousands of rupees for the same land from the Air Force,” Gandhi said while taking a dig at “Modi’s style of securing the nation”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Alleging that the Gujarat Chief Minister had favoured Adani by giving it Rs 40,000 crore worth of land, the Congress leader said the state government had provided just Rs 8,000 crore for education of children and health facilities.
“Modi’s Gujarat model is focused on enhancing the fortunes of one person, but we (UPA Government) are giving attention to uplift of 70 crore people, who are between the Below Poverty Line and Middle Classes,” he claimed.
Highlighting the achievements of the Congress led UPA Government, Gandhi drew the crowd’s attention towards, scholarships for the students and MNREGA.
Rahul said that he wanted that everyone should wear goods which were ‘Made in Chandauli’, instead of being ‘Made in China’.