“I, Me, Mine” is the running theme of Narendra Modi’s election campaign in which he was pushing an agenda based on “majoritarianism”, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Tuesday.
“The unstated premise of his approach is majoritarianism. And more than that is also I, Me and Mine,” the senior Congress leader said in an interview here.
On whether he considered Modi has been finally cleared of all charges in the 2002 riots by courts, he said, “No, I don’t think so. There are two aspects to what happened in 2002. One is legal culpability. The other is moral and political accountability. On the first, the matter is still in court. A court has accepted an SIT report but that has been challenged in a higher court. But I won’t say anything more on that.
“But on the second, I am clear in my mind that the political and moral accountability rests with the CM. He was CM for several months when it happened… And what is more disappointing is his unwillingness to even utter the words — I apologise.”
Talking about the impact of the AAP on the forthcoming polls, he said, “It (AAP) will be a factor but in how many places and to what effect, I can’t say because I think the AAP mystique is to some extent unravelling or perhaps has already unravelled.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Rebutting the AAP charge that Mukesh Ambani runs UPA government, he said huge penalties have been imposed on Reliance Industries for producing less than committed gas and bank guarantees will be taken before allowing any price hike.