“I, Me, Mine” is the running theme of Narendra Modi’s election campaign in which he was pushing an agenda based on “majoritarianism”, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Tuesday.
“The unstated premise of his approach is majoritarianism. And more than that is also I, Me and Mine,” the senior Congress leader said in an interview here.
On whether he considered Modi has been finally cleared of all charges in the 2002 riots by courts, he said, “No, I don’t think so. There are two aspects to what happened in 2002. One is legal culpability. The other is moral and political accountability. On the first, the matter is still in court. A court has accepted an SIT report but that has been challenged in a higher court. But I won’t say anything more on that.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“But on the second, I am clear in my mind that the political and moral accountability rests with the CM. He was CM for several months when it happened… And what is more disappointing is his unwillingness to even utter the words — I apologise.”
Talking about the impact of the AAP on the forthcoming polls, he said, “It (AAP) will be a factor but in how many places and to what effect, I can’t say because I think the AAP mystique is to some extent unravelling or perhaps has already unravelled.”
Rebutting the AAP charge that Mukesh Ambani runs UPA government, he said huge penalties have been imposed on Reliance Industries for producing less than committed gas and bank guarantees will be taken before allowing any price hike.