Narendra Modi on Sunday took a jibe at JDS chief H D Deve Gowda for his remark that he will “quit” Karnataka if BJP forms the government, saying the former PM was welcome in Gujarat where he will serve him more than his son.
“You are the former prime minister and I am like your son. If it has become difficult for you to stay here, I pray you, don’t worry, I will extend all facilities in Gujarat for you.
“If you want to stay in an old age home, if you want to take a home there, if you want to stay in a farm house and ifyou want to stay with me, I will serve you more than your son. Please accept my invitation. I am ready to serve you,” Modi, the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, said addressing a rally here.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Gowda on Saturday had said in Shimoga that would take “political sanyas” and quit his state if Modi-led BJP reached the magic figure of 272-plus seats to form government at the Centre.
“He can never reach his numbers. If he achieves it, then I will take political sanyas, “Gowda had told reporters, adding that BJP’s ideology was aimed at destroying the unity and harmony in the country.
Modi, addressing the rally, urged the voters to elect not less than 300 BJP MPs to the Lok Sabha so as to provide a strong government at the Centre.
“If there is a strong government at the Centre, then we can take strong decisions and the country will become stronger,” he said. He claimed that Congress will fail to open its account in several states and will never cross the double digit in other states.
Modi raised the issue of interlinking of rivers, saying it is crucial for the country to keep a check on floods and drought.
“If we fail to interlink the rivers, nature will not forgive us. What kind of country is ours where on one hand villages are being destroyed because of floods and on the other end there is drought. We have to fulfil the promise of Atalji by linking the rivers,” he said.