BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi accused the Congress Tuesday of giving birth to corruption in the country.
At a rally in the central Karnataka town of Davangere, he launched a counter-attack on the Congress for a series of comments made against him by Rahul Gandhi during a recent state visit.
For the first time in his poll campaign, Modi shared the dais with former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa who recently returned to the BJP after being exiled over corruption. The rally was primarily put together by the Yeddyurappa group to mark its return to the BJP.
“Corruption is in the womb of the Congress. If the Congress has given birth to anything, it is corruption. Corruption and the Congress are like twin sisters,’’ Modi said while accusing the Congress of not being democratic in its functioning. “If you have the guts, tell how many of your leaders are in jail in Rajasthan and why. In Haryana, how many of your ministers are in jail and why,’’ he said.
He said Yeddyurappa was the only one to introduce a separate budget for farmers in the country. “No one has done it, only the BJP and B S Yeddyurappa have,’’ he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On the recent Rahul Gandhi remark that the BJP and Modi do not respect and provide space to women, he said: “My dear Congress leader, if you really care for women your government must reduce prices of commodities so that mothers and sisters can live a life of peace.”
Rahul’s roadshow in Assam on Feb 26
GUWAHATI: The Assam unit of the Congress is working overtime to organise a massive rally to be addressed by party vice-president Rahul Gandhi here next week. Rahul is set to tour the state on February 25 and 26. “We are organising a series of programmes for Rahul Gandhi in the state next week, which includes an interactive session with students in Gauhati University, a session with intellectuals and journalists in Guwahati, an exclusive women’s empowerment rally in Jorhat, and a tribal rally in Diphu besides a huge rally in Guwahati,” said APCC spokesman Mehdi Alam Bora on Tuesday.
A roadshow from Nagaon to Tezpur will be also organised. Rahul will interact with farmers, students, women and pedestrians during the two-hour drive between the two towns. The roadshow was originally scheduled to take place between Guwahati and Nagaon, but was later shortened. Samudra Gupta Kashyap