Firebrand BJP leader Umar Bharti on Tuesday maintained that the party’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi does not have the oratorical skills of A B Vajpayee, but said the Gujarat Chief Minister was a “unique person” who draws massive crowd.
Addressing party workers at Kunj Vatika last night, Bharti had said, “Vajpayeeji was a very good orator.. it is said that there has been no other orator like him in Indian politics.
“If you have observed minutely you would have found that Modi is not a good orator but still people are coming to his rallies not to listen but to tell him that they want him to change this country and they support him,” she said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Seeking to clarify her statement today, Bharti said Modi is country’s “anokha” (unique) person who draws massive crowd.
“All that I said about Narendra Modi, I will repeat it again. The same thing that A B Vajpayee was a good orator but Narendra Modi is country’s ‘anokha’ (unique) person after years in whose support lakhs and lakhs turn up. This is what I had said,” she said.
Speaking at the meet, Bharti had also accused the Congress and Samajwadi Party of betraying Muslims.
She had said that her party does not consider Muslims as mere vote bank and that nationalist Muslims are standing with BJP in these elections.
On the demand for a new Bundelkhand state, she said Congress and Mayawati were only interested in politics on the issue whereas BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh has already created a separate unit for it and promised that on coming to power the face of Bundelkhand region would be changed.
She charged Mayawati and SP leader Mulayam Singh with supporting Congress due to the fear of CBI.