Stepping up the war of words with Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said his promise to bestow a special status on Bihar along with a special package was nothing but a ‘ploy’ to win votes by ‘befooling’ people. Nitish also wondered how Modi could make Bihar a “new Bihar”, as he promised, without the knowledge and love for the state.
The Bihar chief minister said on social networking site “Facebook” that it was just a ploy to win votes. Modi in his address at Purnea on Monday said that if his party formed government in Delhi, it would provide special status, special package and pay special attention to the state to spur its development.
Nitish also alleged that the BJP leader was trying to ‘jam’ development of Bihar and undermine it by trotting out wrong figures. Kumar’s retort on Facebook was couched in a poetic style: “Bihar me hunkar bhare maharashtra me abhar bhare” (while roar in Bihar but express gratitude in Maharashtra).
The senior JD(U) leader said that while he was roaring in Bihar, at the same time he was cosying up to MNS in Maharashtra which has been targeting people of the state in Mumbai and Maharashtra. He said that the entire efforts seems directed at “breaking” confidence of Bihar through “conspiracy”. Kumar, whose aversion for his Gujarat counterpart was an open secret, took potshots at him for rejecting progress in the state by highlighting only a few unpleasant incidents.
He referred to frequent reference to terrorism in Bihar on the basis of two events in the recent past to drive home the point. In his Purnea rally on Monday, Modi also alleged that Bihar CM’s ‘ambition’ to become prime minister drove him to split from BJP and accused him of possessing Himalayan arrogance.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More