- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
‘Modi missile’ fired against communalism, corruption: Rajnath Singh
BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday said the party had fired “Modi missile” to solve problems of the country like communalism and corruption. “BJP has fired (Narendra) Modi missile to finish communalism, casteism and corruption from the country,” said Singh while addressing an election rally in Shah town here.
“Now the missile would do its work,” he said. Attacking SP and BSP, Singh said the parties were “also responsible for scams and price rise during the tenure of Congress-led UPA government.” He said it was due to the support of these two parties that Congress ran the government at the Centre.
“The reality behind the support (to Congress by the two parties) is that both Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav are afraid of going to jail,” he alleged.
Hitting out at SP further, Singh said there was poor state of affairs and “jungle raj” (lawlessness) in Uttar Pradesh due to the head of the state. Singh said once BJP formed the government at the Centre, the process to bring back black money stashed in foreign banks would be started within 100 days. The money would then be utilised for the welfare of the people, he said.
“I have not come to ask support to run the government, but to seek support to save the country,” the BJP leader said. “Whether it is price rise, corruption or riots, everything will remain under control in BJP government,” he said.