The results of the Lok Sabha election have brought about a visible change in the demeanour of BJP leaders. Men and women well known for divulging details of deliberations and spilling the beans on changes in the offing, have gone almost entirely quiet.
To questions of who might find a place in the new central ministry, the standard refrain is: “No one knows the mind of Narendra Modi.” The Prime Minister-designate was reported to have taken a dig at media speculation over his likely cabinet in Gandhinagar earlier this week, saying “every channel has its own cabinet”.
Asked the names of leaders the BJP would like to see as ministers, a senior party leader said, “Sab bekhabar hain (no one knows).” Another leader quipped, “Get used to this.”
A third leader pointed out a key aspect of the meetings that Modi has been having with a range of people at Delhi’s Gujarat Bhavan: “Earlier, the media would get details of most secret meetings. Now have you seen details spilling out? To begin with, Modi will consult only a few people. And those people will not divulge anything.”
Party leaders who have got an opportunity to interact with senior colleagues who have interacted with Narendra Modi since the announcement of results say these senior leaders either have no clue about the mind of Modi regarding their roles, or are hesitant to reveal the details of their discussions with him.
Party leaders admit that everyone fears that anything they say beyond their limited brief would travel to Modi, and might create problems later.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review