The results of the Lok Sabha election have brought about a visible change in the demeanour of BJP leaders. Men and women well known for divulging details of deliberations and spilling the beans on changes in the offing, have gone almost entirely quiet.
To questions of who might find a place in the new central ministry, the standard refrain is: “No one knows the mind of Narendra Modi.” The Prime Minister-designate was reported to have taken a dig at media speculation over his likely cabinet in Gandhinagar earlier this week, saying “every channel has its own cabinet”.
Asked the names of leaders the BJP would like to see as ministers, a senior party leader said, “Sab bekhabar hain (no one knows).” Another leader quipped, “Get used to this.”
A third leader pointed out a key aspect of the meetings that Modi has been having with a range of people at Delhi’s Gujarat Bhavan: “Earlier, the media would get details of most secret meetings. Now have you seen details spilling out? To begin with, Modi will consult only a few people. And those people will not divulge anything.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Party leaders who have got an opportunity to interact with senior colleagues who have interacted with Narendra Modi since the announcement of results say these senior leaders either have no clue about the mind of Modi regarding their roles, or are hesitant to reveal the details of their discussions with him.
Party leaders admit that everyone fears that anything they say beyond their limited brief would travel to Modi, and might create problems later.