Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday hit back at Narendra Modi for his comment that women in the state did not enjoy equal rights,saying he is either ill informed or lying.
“He (Modi) very conveniently used me and my sister as examples to illustrate a point that has no bearing on truth. Either he lies or is ill informed,” Omar tweeted after the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate’s rally in Jammu on Sunday.
“I challenge him or any of his minions to reproduce verbatim the section of Art 370 that determines the J&K state subject law,” Omar said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Earlier,Modi had said that women did not have the same rights as men in J&K and had cited example of Omar’s and his sister Sara’s marriage outside the state.
Omar also said that Modi was either very badly informed or very economical with the truth.
“I’m not sure which one is worse though,” he said. He also rubbished the statement of Modi that the state had not been receiving tourists.
“And no Mr Modi tourism isn’t suffering and our tourists are not going to Himachal Pradesh. It’s the reverse now but why should the facts bother you.
“1.4 million tourists last year and we have crossed one million tourists this year in to the Valley alone. Mr Modi needs pre-speech fact check,” Omar said and also posted a aerial shot of the venue to puncture the claims of BJP that 45,000 people attended the rally.
“I put the photograph because it’s a small stadium with lots of open space visible. Estimates range from 25,000 to 45,000. You decide?,” he said.