Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday hit back at Narendra Modi for his comment that women in the state did not enjoy equal rights,saying he is either ill informed or lying.
“He (Modi) very conveniently used me and my sister as examples to illustrate a point that has no bearing on truth. Either he lies or is ill informed,” Omar tweeted after the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate’s rally in Jammu on Sunday.
“I challenge him or any of his minions to reproduce verbatim the section of Art 370 that determines the J&K state subject law,” Omar said.
Earlier,Modi had said that women did not have the same rights as men in J&K and had cited example of Omar’s and his sister Sara’s marriage outside the state.
Omar also said that Modi was either very badly informed or very economical with the truth.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I’m not sure which one is worse though,” he said. He also rubbished the statement of Modi that the state had not been receiving tourists.
“And no Mr Modi tourism isn’t suffering and our tourists are not going to Himachal Pradesh. It’s the reverse now but why should the facts bother you.
“1.4 million tourists last year and we have crossed one million tourists this year in to the Valley alone. Mr Modi needs pre-speech fact check,” Omar said and also posted a aerial shot of the venue to puncture the claims of BJP that 45,000 people attended the rally.
“I put the photograph because it’s a small stadium with lots of open space visible. Estimates range from 25,000 to 45,000. You decide?,” he said.