With the Narendra Modi government on its 100-day celebration drive, the Congress has chalked out a counter blitz. And the first step is scaling up its presence on social media, with shadow Twitter handles of ministries.
Subject experts have been roped in to track each ministry or sector and give critical inputs, which will form the basis of posts by these handles. For instance, a shadow Twitter handle of the Human Resource Development Ministry (HRDMinistry_Shadow) has begun attacking the ministry for “forcing schools and students” to watch Modi’s address on Teacher’s Day.
“This handle will keep a watch on the work of the HRD Ministry and engage in constructive criticism of the ministry’s policies and decisions,” the first post by the handle read.
Shadow Twitter handles of the Ministries of Commerce and Industry, Home, Power, Railways, Women and Child Development, Youth Affairs and Sports have also been started.
“We will expose the government,” Congress general secretary Ajay Maken said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A booklet detailing the “missteps” of the NDA government is also in the works. Sources said a team led by Rajya Sabha MP Rajeev Gowda has prepared a “base paper”, which will form the basis for the booklet.
Simultaneously, the party has decided to send senior leaders to state capitals to highlight the government’s shortcomings. A series of media interactions are planned both in Delhi and states. The party is keen that Rahul Gandhi address one of those interactions.