Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday took on Narendra Modi over the “anguished” tone of his speech and his association with Adani group, which he claimed swelled by over ten times due to association with the Gujarat Chief Minister.
“Our ideology advocates to take all the people along. We follow the ideology of Mahatma Gandhi. In our ideology there is no place for anger and anguish,” Gandhi said while addressing an election rally at Attara area here.
“We speak in a civilised manner while Modi speaks in anger and with anguish,” he said. The Congress leader also attacked the BJP leader over his association with Ahmedabad-based Adani group.
“Rs 3,000 crore Adani group swelled into an over Rs 40,000 crore after getting associated with Modi, who almost doled out 45,000 acre land at the rate of Re 1 per sq metre,” the Congress vice president said.
Referring to the poverty in Bundelkhand region Gandhi said,”the backwardness of this region will only end by setting up small industries in large numbers.” The Congress leader said that the UPA government is planning to establish an industrial corridor right from Delhi to the remotest parts of the country, which would benefit the people of the Bundelkhand region the maximum.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Gandhi said that if voted back to the power the Congress led UPA would implement Health Guarantee Scheme to provide free health care to the poor. “Every homeless, either in urban or rural area, will be provided with a roof of his own,” he said.
Gandhi, who was scheduled to reach here by 1.30 PM, arrived late and reached the venue at around 5.30 PM for which he apologised.