BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is contesting two Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh because he is ‘afraid of losing’, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee claimed on Saturday.
Stating that most politicians lacked transparency and credibility, Banerjee said “why is he contesting from two seats–one from Gujarat and another from UP? That means he is not sure of his victory.
“Even if you win both the seats, you will have to leave one seat which means you are not doing justice to the people who have elected you from that seat. Then, where is transparency and credibility?” Banerjee, West Bengal Chief Minister, said in an interview to Bengali news channel News Times.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
She also claimed the Gujarat model of development touted by Modi could not be replicated in the entire country and the West Bengal model was much better.
In infant mortality rate, maternal mortality rate and other human development parameters, Gujarat was much below West Bengal, Banerjee claimed.
Stating that Gujarat had received huge central funds for rehabilitation after the earthquake in 2000, she said “I was the Railway Minister then. I went to Bhuj to set up railway line so that relief materials could be sent.” Without naming him, she alleged Modi was the ‘face of riots’ and BJP is a ‘party of rioters’. “People of this country don’t want the face of riots or a party of rioters to come to power.”
Attacking Congress, she alleged it was responsible for rampant corruption while it had increased the prices of essentials, making life difficult for the common people. She also dwelt on the Centre deducting interest on huge loans taken by the previous Left Front government. “If you go against them, they will threaten you with CBI, Income Tax, ED. They can do whatever they want.”
Banerjee criticised both BJP and Congress for allegedly instigating a separate statehood demand in the Darjeeling hills.