BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is contesting two Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh because he is ‘afraid of losing’, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee claimed on Saturday.
Stating that most politicians lacked transparency and credibility, Banerjee said “why is he contesting from two seats–one from Gujarat and another from UP? That means he is not sure of his victory.
“Even if you win both the seats, you will have to leave one seat which means you are not doing justice to the people who have elected you from that seat. Then, where is transparency and credibility?” Banerjee, West Bengal Chief Minister, said in an interview to Bengali news channel News Times.
She also claimed the Gujarat model of development touted by Modi could not be replicated in the entire country and the West Bengal model was much better.
In infant mortality rate, maternal mortality rate and other human development parameters, Gujarat was much below West Bengal, Banerjee claimed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Stating that Gujarat had received huge central funds for rehabilitation after the earthquake in 2000, she said “I was the Railway Minister then. I went to Bhuj to set up railway line so that relief materials could be sent.” Without naming him, she alleged Modi was the ‘face of riots’ and BJP is a ‘party of rioters’. “People of this country don’t want the face of riots or a party of rioters to come to power.”
Attacking Congress, she alleged it was responsible for rampant corruption while it had increased the prices of essentials, making life difficult for the common people. She also dwelt on the Centre deducting interest on huge loans taken by the previous Left Front government. “If you go against them, they will threaten you with CBI, Income Tax, ED. They can do whatever they want.”
Banerjee criticised both BJP and Congress for allegedly instigating a separate statehood demand in the Darjeeling hills.