The Ahmedabad Crime Branch probing violation of the model code of conduct by Narendra Modi will conduct a spot check of the area where he addressed a press conference displaying the BJP symbol ‘Lotus’. After an initial probe, police had claimed that the conference spot appeared to be more than the permissible 100 metres away from the booth.
However, a final check has to be completed. According to the FIR 305/14 registered under Police Inspector H A Rathod, Modi’s name is mentioned as an accused for disobedience of the order given by a public servant under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 126 (1) (a) and 126 (1) (b) of the Representation of the People Act.
Modi held a press conference opposite the school in Ramol where he voted on April 30, which led to the controversy. For the police, besides the press conference near a polling booth, the bigger issue is the probe against sporting the party symbol in a public area near the polling booth in a city where lakhs were yet to vote that day. Sources said sporting of the party symbol was considered a more serious offence as per the rules of the Election Commission.
The police, however, only have the video footage of the event as evidence to show that Modi was sporting the symbol while clicking a ‘selfie’ and later while addressing the media. The findings of the report would be handed over to Election Commission.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest