The Ahmedabad Crime Branch probing violation of the model code of conduct by Narendra Modi will conduct a spot check of the area where he addressed a press conference displaying the BJP symbol ‘Lotus’. After an initial probe, police had claimed that the conference spot appeared to be more than the permissible 100 metres away from the booth.
However, a final check has to be completed. According to the FIR 305/14 registered under Police Inspector H A Rathod, Modi’s name is mentioned as an accused for disobedience of the order given by a public servant under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 126 (1) (a) and 126 (1) (b) of the Representation of the People Act.
Modi held a press conference opposite the school in Ramol where he voted on April 30, which led to the controversy. For the police, besides the press conference near a polling booth, the bigger issue is the probe against sporting the party symbol in a public area near the polling booth in a city where lakhs were yet to vote that day. Sources said sporting of the party symbol was considered a more serious offence as per the rules of the Election Commission.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The police, however, only have the video footage of the event as evidence to show that Modi was sporting the symbol while clicking a ‘selfie’ and later while addressing the media. The findings of the report would be handed over to Election Commission.