Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday highlighted the “ill-treatment” of an Indian lady diplomat, Devyani Khobragade, during his meeting with US Ambassador Nancy Powell at Gandhinagar on Thursday.
In his discussion, Modi expressed hope that a permanent solution will soon be found on the issue and stressed that “such irritants should not be allowed to happen if Indo-US strategic partnership needs to be realised to its full potential”, stated an official release from the Gujarat government on the close-door meeting that took place at Modi’s residence.
“Ambassador Powell reassured that the US government was fully committed to resolving this issue at the earliest,” the release added.
Modi also highlighted the “strong foundations of US-India Strategic Partnership laid by former Prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee” and reiterated BJP’s commitment to further strengthen this partnership.
Modi also discussed Gujarat’s involvement in training Afghan officials as well as rural Afghan women for self-employment. He also suggest that Gujarat’s model of dairy cooperatives could be of immense value to rural economy of Afghanistan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Gujarat Chief Minister also emphasised that the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai attack be quickly brought to justice and need for “a single global yardstick on terrorism.”