In an apparent attempt to empower his Ministers of State by allocating clear responsibilities, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has asked his Cabinet ministers to give details on the “distribution of work” at the “earliest”.
In a note sent to the Cabinet ministers, the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has said, “It is requested that the distribution of work between the Hon’ble Ministers of State in your Ministry kindly be sent to this office at the earliest.”
Official sources said the PMO issued the note on May 31. The Ministers are expected to formalise the distribution of work in the next few days and send the details to the PMO.
Sixteen of the 22 Cabinet Ministers have been assigned Ministers of State to assist them in their official duties. The six Cabinet Ministers who do not have Ministers of State are: Smriti Irani (HRD), Maneka Gandhi (Women and Child Development), Najma Heptulla (Minority Affairs), Kalraj Mishra (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises), Ravi Shankar Prasad (Law) and Harsh Vardhan (Health).
The PMO’s note is significant as junior ministers in previous governments have often complained about the lack of work. In fact, during the earlier NDA government led by A B Vajpayee, disgruntled Ministers of State held a meeting with the Prime Minister and urged him to intervene.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Modi also demonstrated his commitment to empower these Ministers of State when he held a meeting of the entire Council of Ministers on Monday to familarise them with his governance ideas and working style.