Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who will file his nomination papers from Varnasi today, has made an attempt to reach out to the voters of Kashi through a blog post. In the blog, Modi has touched upon several issues, including cleanliness of Ganga, concerning Varanasi in the blog with an assurance to to find a remedy for all.
The blog starts with Modi expressing his gratitude to the BJP leadership for choosing him to represent the party in the holy city, and then goes on to highlight the importance of Varanasi. “The spiritual power of this land is exceptional. It drew people from all over the world, who came to this land in search of peace and Moksha,” says the blog.
Modi further recalls the contribution of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya for Varanasi, saying, “When Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya had to select a place to set up a centre of learning, it was not a surprise that he chose Benaras.”
Modi’s blog also talks about Shehnai maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan, whose family refused to become a proposer for the Gujarat Chief Minister, terming “his love for Varanasi” as “legendary”. The blog further says, “I was very happy when Ustad Bismillah Khan was conferred the Bharat Ratna by Atal ji in 2001.”
Referring to the issue of cleanliness of Ganga, Modi has given the example of how he transformed the condition of Sabarmati River in Gujarat.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Ganga is the lifeline of Varanasi and is at the core of our identity- She is our Mother. Unfortunately, governments have not been able to devote the attention that should have been given to Ganga,” says Modi in his blog.
He further says, “When I took over as CM in 2001 the condition of Sabarmati was similar. It was better known for hosting circuses and children playing cricket. Switch to 2014 and things are very different! We have brought water from the Narmada and now water flows through the Sabarmati,” adding that his commitment to clean Ganga “is not a mere promise”.
In his blog, Modi has also reached out to the weavers of Varanasi, claiming that they have been neglected by governments in Delhi and Lucknow. He has promised to “infuse this sector with latest technology and qualitative value addition”.
And at the end of the blog, Modi has made an appeal to seek the “support and blessings” of the people of Varanasi with a promise to develop Varanasi and the region of Poorvanchal. “Friends, today as I go to Varanasi, I seek your support and blessings. Bless me so that I can restore this glorious city to its prime and so that I can bring a sea of change in the lives of people of Varanasi and Poorvanchal so that this region once again becomes the focal point of our nation’s development and our proud culture.”