A 37-year-old, right wing Kannada newspaper columnist and author of a book on Narendra Modi, is the surprise BJP candidate from the Mysore Lok Sabha constituency.
Popular right-wing columnist Prathap Simha, featured at the centre of an alleged terrorism plot in 2012 when the police arrested a group of 12 Muslim youths from Bangalore and Hubli for allegedly planning to kill the provocative, right wing columnist in an alleged Lashkar-e-Taiba-linked plot.
Simha, who is a political novice but an ardent Modi fan, is the author of a biography on the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate titled Narendra Modi: The Untrodden Road. He has been chosen over veteran BJP and Kuruba leader from Mysore C H Vijayshankar, who was offered the Hassan seat as an alternative but has refused.
Simha faces veteran Congressman and Kuruba leader H Vishwanath, the sitting MP from Mysore.
Thursday’s list of Lok Sabha candidates announced by the BJP also includes the name of G S Basavaraj from Tumkur. Former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa had warned the party of “serious” consequences if Basavaraj, the sitting MP, was not given a ticket.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Another close aide of Yeddyurappa, Shoba Karandlaje, is being fielded from Udupi-Chikamagalur which is currently held by Jayaprakash Hegde of the Congress.
A former Karnataka State Pollution Control Board official has been picked for Mandya, in the Vokkaliga heartland, against film actress and Congress MP Ramya.